If the problem should occur with a World Adapter or Country Adapter for Switzerland and the UK, it is simple to change the fuse.
Spare fuses can be purchased at electronic retailers and many online stores. To replace the fuse, take a screwdriver or a coin, place it in the slot found on the bottom of the device and lightly turn it anti-clockwise. Remove the old fuse and place a fuse of the same size into the holder, then fix it back into the device. (Please note: The UK version features a flip closure that is simple to open with a screwdriver.)
- World Adapters of the series Classic, EVO, MUV:
World Adapters of the series PRO:
- Version 1: Slow Blow Microfuse T (Glass or Ceramic) 6.3 A - 250 V AC, 5 x 20 mm
- Version 2: Slow Blow Microfuse T (Glass or Ceramic) 7.0 A - 250 V AC, 6 x 25 mm (British Standard)
- Version 3: Slow Blow Microfuse T (Glass or Ceramic) 10.0 A - 250 V AC, 5 x 20 mm
Country Adapters Switzerland:
- Slow Blow Microfuse T (Glass or Ceramic) 10 A - 250 V AC, 5 x 20 mm
Country Adapters UK:
- Version 1: Slow Blow Microfuse (Glass or Ceramic) T 13 A - 250 V AC, 6.4 x 25.4 mm
- Version 2: Slow Blow Microfuse (Glass or Ceramic) T 7 A - 250 V AC, 6.4 x 25.4 mm
Turn the adapter around, place a coin in the slot of the fuse cover and turn it anticlockwise (approx 45º) with gentle pressure until it becomes loose.
To remove the fuse cover in a Country Travel Adapter for UK socket standards, please use a screwdriver instead of a coin to open the flip closure.
Remove the fuse cover, including the fuse, from the adapter.
Remove the blown fuse from the holder and replace it with a new one. More information on the appropriate fuse types can be found above.
Now put the new fuse in the holder back into the adapter. Close it again with the coin by turning it clockwise (approx. 45°). For UK Country Travel Adapters, simply snap the fuse cover back into place. Now the adapter is ready-to-use again!
Unlike the other adapters, our models from the EVO series contain 2 spare fuses:
The World Travel Adapter EVO already comes with two spare fuses, which can be used in case of a blown fuse. To replace it, please turn the adapter and loosen the front part with the help of your thumb.
Take out the cover in order to access the spare fuses. To close the cover again, simply slide it back until it clicks into place. The process of changing the fuse is the same as for the other adapters, for this please refer to the instruction above.