What personal data might be gathered?
The personal data we gather from visitors of our Web site helps us to continually improve our understanding of your interest in SKROSS products. Below are the types of personal data we gather.
- Personal data you transmit to us: We receive and store personal data you enter on our Web site or on Web-sites of our business partners (e.g. Web-shop, Facebook and other links) linked to ours. We use the personal data that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our web-shops and communicating with you.
- Automatic storage of personal data: We receive and store certain types of personal data when you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies", and we obtain certain types of personal data when your Web browser accesses www.skross.com.
- Personal data from other sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive personal data about you from other sources and add them to your personal data account. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records.
How does WorldConnect deal with the personal data it receives?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to offer you certain features.
- Business partners we do not control: We work closely with our business partners, an example of which are our distribution partners. In some cases, these business partners operate Web-shops which are linked to www.skross.com. In other cases, we provide services or sell product lines jointly with these business partners. You can tell when another business partner is involved in your transactions, and we share the personal data related to those transactions with such business partners.
- Agents: We employ other business partners to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive personal data from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance etc. They have access to personal data needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected customer groups of www.skross.com through other business partners. When we do this, we give such business partners your name and address.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy Web-shops or assets. In such transactions, personal data on our customers generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that WorldConnect AG or substantially all of its assets are acquired, personal data of our customer will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of www.skross.com and others: We release personal data when we believe it is appropriate to comply with law, enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of WorldConnect, www.skross.ch, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal data about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the personal data.
How secure is my personal data?
- We work to protect the security of your personal data during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal data you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What choices do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide personal data, even though it might be needed to take advantage of some www.skross.com features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of www.skross.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
Conditions of use, notices and revisions
If you choose to visit www.skross.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, the competence of the ordinary courts at the seat of WorldConnect AG, and application of the laws of Switzerland. If you have any concern about privacy at www.skross.com, please send us a thorough description to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of personal data that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes related practices and personal data.