Bacardi Global Travel Retail’s Aude Bourdier-Rocourt, Furla Spa’s Gerry Munday and Luxottica Group’sFrancis Gros have been elected to join TFWA’s new board and management committee.
Bourdier-Rocourt (as vice president Commercial), Munday (vice-president Marketing) and Gros (vice-president Conferences & Research) join Frédéric Garcia-Pelayo from Interparfums and Alessandra Visconti from Reflecta SAS, who retain their respective positions as vice-president Finance and vice-president Corporate.
Thom Rankin, Carla Guiducci, and Patrick Bouchard were among some of the members of the board and management committee who are moving on this year. TFWA president Erik Juul-Mortensen offered his gratitude for their contributions.
“All have contributed to the continued development and success of the association. Thom joined the board in 1991 as vice-president Conferences and Research and has served the association with dedication and distinction. In his 25 years as a member of the board, Thom has helped to steer the association as the duty-free and travel-retail industry has evolved and grown. He has played a very significant role in making TFWA the relevant, contemporary and dynamic organisation it is today. Carla has served as vice president Marketing, and Patrick in the capacity as vice-president commercial, since 2012. I also offer them my sincere thanks.”
Commenting on the new team, he said; “Our new management committee and board will bring diverse expertise and fresh thinking to our association and our plans for the future. I thank them all for their commitment and dedication to our industry.”
The election of the 37 members of the management committee took place during TFWA World Exhibition & Conference in Cannes, and their election or re-election was approved unanimously at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday October 6.
The new board and management committee will hold their positions for two years from October 2016 to October 2018.
The full committee is as follows:
- Wines & Spirits: Patrick Bouchard, Albert Bichot; Aude Bourdier-Rocourt (Bacardi Global Travel Retail); Nick Mogford (Brown-Forman); Jean-Luc Lebault (H. Mounier); Damien Bertrand (Maison Boinaud SAS); Donatienne de Fontaines-Guillaume (Moët Hennessy); Franc Kopatin (Stock Spirits Group); Rajiv Bhatia (William Grant & Sons)
- Tobacco: Jennifer Cords (Imperial Tobacco), Gemma Bateson (JT International SA), and Martin Kaufmann (Oettinger Davidoff AG)
- Fragrances and Cosmetics: Jean-Guillaume Trouvin (Chanel SAS); Damien Tonneau (Clarins); Paolo Bevegni (Collistar); Philippe Margueritte (Coty); Susan Fox (Estée Lauder Companies); Frédéric Garcia-Pelayo (Interparfums); Jérôme Desouches (La Colline); Richard Cymberg (L’Oreal Produits De Luxe International), Priscilla Beaulieu, Kaloo, Clayeux (Kokeshi by Millennium Fragrances); Antoine Lafourcade (Puig International, SA); Neil Ebbutt (Rituals Cosmetics)
- Fashion, accessories and leather goods: Romina Cortegiani (Bally); Emanuele Mazziotta (Coccinelle); Silvia Santin (Etro); Gerry Munday (Furla Spa); Francis Gros (Luxottica Group); Massimo Barzaghi (Salvatore Ferragamo)
- Jewellery, watches and clocks: Nadia Skouri Garcia-Pelayo (Buying The Sky), and Alessandra Visconti (Reflecta SAS)
- Gifts, home decoration, pens and electronics: Thom Rankin (Capi Global BV), Ralph Bou Nader (Genie-S International), and Sam Gerber (Worldconnect AG)
- Confectionery and fine foods: Patrick Dorais (Al Nassma Chocolate LLC); Steven Candries (Chocolaterie Guylian); Philip Geeraert (Neuhaus); Eric Carlier (Valrhona)